Thursday, December 3, 2009

What in God's name is Chickarina?


Delicious, that's what.

Today, I feasted on a can of Progresso Chickarina soup that was plucked from my soup shelf.

I had never heard of this kind of soup before, so when I saw it on the supermarket shelf last week, my curiosity was piqued. It's obviously made from hens trained in the fine art of ballet, which makes them taste a bit better than standard, non-dancing chickens. And way better than chickens that are against dancing altogether, much the way the asshole father of the bony chick in Footloose was against Kevin Bacon.

The product did not disappoint. Each bite was a pirouette of flavor on my taste buds. With some Reduced Fat Keebler Town House crackers smashed up and sprinkled atop, I'm pretty sure I hit on most of the food groups: chicken, meatball, cracker, sodium stearoyl lactylate.

On a side note, I do think the Reduced Fat Townhouse crackers absorb broth and become mushy much too fast. I'll search for the "Increased Fat" crackers next time, assuming that a higher content of non-water-soluble, saturated fat will result in a slower absorption.

Tomorrow, I shall try an offering from Campbell's. Today, I felt I needed to give Progresso a chance at redemption after yesterday's disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment