Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup of soup.


Remember those commercials for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups where one person eating chocolate would collide with another person eating peanut butter, and the result was a magical combination of flavor?

“You got chocolate on my peanut butter! You got peanut butter on my chocolate! Damn you to Hell! Wait a minute, this is delicious...” And then they would go have Martinis and hook up in a cheap hotel. I’m guessing.

If you’re unfamiliar with the advertisements, you’ve probably seen it happen in real life because it’s a very common occurrence. Well, I had that exact scenario play out for lunch today – except there was no collision, there was no chocolate or peanut butter involved, I was by myself, and it was no accident. But I did stumble upon a magical combination of flavor: Campbell’s Fully Loaded Chunky Beef Stew with a giant school of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers swimming on top. Campbell’s Soup Co. actually owns Pepperidge Farm, so why they don't market these two as compliments is beyond me. The public deserves to know.

Hey Campbell’s, call me. I have some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment