Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Where's Waaldo?


Today, when I poured my can of Campbell’s Chunky Fully Loaded Rigatoni & Meatball into the bowl, I noticed something peculiar. Luckily, I was able to capture it on film with my digital camera.

If you look closely at the meatball, you can make out the likeness of Dutch thermodynamicist and 1910 Nobel laureate Johannes Diderik van der Waals. Although you may not recognize him in this apparition because he’s usually laughing hysterically.

Peculiar, indeed. A Dutchman making an appearance in an Italian dish.

2 comments:

  1. You are a van der Waals force of nature. haha get it? Souper geeky before-and-after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to the World's Brain (Wikipedia):

    In physical chemistry, the van der Waals force is the attractive or repulsive force between molecules of the same substance.


    I'm definitely the repulsive one.

    ReplyDelete